Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Last autumn, the House of Gucci introduced Gucci Guilty for Her. This month they've launched Gucci Guilty for Him and it is nothing short of amazing. I previewed the new fragrance and, like all Gucci products, this one is incredibly well-made and very stylized. The scent is heady, sophisticated and fearless, yet young and fresh and definitely made for a guy who likes to live life at full throttle. It’s not for the weak of heart. Gucci Guilty is quickly become one of my favorite new releases — very masculine, very approachable and very charming.
The scent opens with an invigorating heady cocktail of Italian lemon and mandarin, crushed green leaves and a punch of pink pepper. Amazing. The middle mellows out with a fresh hint of herbs — lavender, cardamom and a little whisper of orange. The magic and the hallmark of any Gucci fragrance is in the drydown. In this case, a heady mix of sandal wood, amber and a touch of patchouli. The effect is remarkable. The sillage (that waft of scent you leave behind in your wake) has a confident presence but is never over powering. That’s the charm.
Gucci Guilty for Him is available now in Eau de Toilette, Shower Gel, Deodorant Spray and Massage Oil.
Posted by GlamMan at Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Spring is almost here — I know that because I’m starting to sneeze — and I expect to see lots of those colorful Polo Big Pony shirts on guys hopping around the city and at the beach. I think the shirts are pretty sexy. The Big Pony fragrance collection is pretty sexy too. A clean and incredibly masculine addition to that casually put together look. Each of the Big Pony fragrances remind me of that fresh “just hopped out of the shower” kind of scent. It lasts and yet is light enough that it's almost impossible to overdo. A guy at my gym sprayed Big Pony 1 (the blue bottle) in the locker room after showering and it was actually refreshing…for me. (Caution: in most cases, spraying cologne in a locker room would cause a brawl but this case was definitely an exception). I really like all of them but my favorite is Big Pony 4 (the orange bottle). It’s a woody, citrusy grapefruit scent that I find very uplifting and fresh — not heavy at all and perfect for day or night.
The Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection comes in four scents:
Big Pony 1 (Blue bottle) sporty & dynamic — aromatic citrus with lime and oak.
Big Pony 2 (Red bottle) seductive oriental with dark chocolate and musk.
Big Pony 3 (Green bottle) woodsy adventurous with ginger and mint.
Big Pony 4 (Orange bottle) Citrusy & woody - grapefruit and kyara wood.
My contest: Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/GlamMan to win a Ralph Lauren Big Pony 1 cologne for men. Contest runs between Tuesday 4/5/11 at noon until Saturday 4/10/11 at midnight. At that time, using a random number generator, I will select one follower to receive a bottle of Big Pony 1. Good luck!
Posted by GlamMan at Monday, April 04, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
I was in Duane Reade here in New York City recently and came across this impressive line of grooming goods from The Real Shaving Company. I had to try. With everything that goes into your morning routine, proper shaving habits may get lost in the rush and your face may not be getting the treatment it deserves! Thankfully, the pros at The Real Shaving Company, whose barbershop-quality products have been keeping guys groomed since 1953, put together these simple tips to make the most of your morning routine:
1. Time your shave wisely! The best time to shave is either in the shower or right after you get out. Thanks to the flow of warm water, pores are open and your hair softens, not to mention relaxed muscles, all contributing to a better shave.
2. Exfoliation is key for prep. Using an exfoliant pre-shave will help unblock clogged pores and remove dead skin cells, blackheads, and bacteria that can cause ingrown hairs and infections, all for a closer shave. Try The Real Shaving Company’s Daily Face Scrub, which features Ground Walnut Shell for gentle exfoliation, as well as Sweet Almond Oil (rich in Vitamin E) to improve complexion and give you a wedding-day glow.
3. Give yourself a barbershop treatment! Every wonder why barbers will place a hot towel on the face first before shaving? The heat from the towel softens skin and opens pores for an easier shave. Try this treatment sans barber with The Real Shaving Company’s Hot Towel Mask. This mineral clay mask warms, softens, and lifts facial hair for a better shave, and also features skin-soothing Vitamin E, anti-inflammatory zinc oxide and toning tea tree leaf.
4. Be picky about your products. Whether you prefer wet shaving with cream, gel or oil, or dry shaving with your electric razor, be sure to use a product that preps skin and helps your razor glide easily. For a wet shave, opt for a low-foam shaving product to keep visibility high. Many products, like The Real Shaving Company’s NEW Ultra Moisturizing Shave Gel (with Vitamin E moisture beads), feature super-hydrating ingredients to moisturize and soothe. If you go electric, try the Shave Tonic with anti-inflammatory Willow Bark and healing Aloe Vera.
5. Keep it sharp to look sharp! Dull blades won’t cut through hair as easily and can drag across the skin, causing friction, irritation and razor burn. Make sure your razor glides across skin and avoid a painful shave by using a fresh blade – especially on big days like this!
The Real Shaving Company line also comes in a travel set of TSA-friendly size tubes and is available at Duane Reade for about $16 bucks. Highly recommended.
Posted by GlamMan at Friday, April 01, 2011